Member of the Imperial Space Lab.
Imperial College homepage: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/people/m.galand
Email: m.galand at imperial.ac.uk
Ph.D., Université de Grenoble, France (1996)
- Current Postgraduate Students:
Joshua Chadney (Year 3 PhD), Luc Sagnières (MSc)
- Current Research Associate:
- Past Research Associates:
Erik Vigren (IRF/Uppsala)
Rosetta. Credit: ESA/Rosetta/NAVCAM (Comet 67P)
Selection: Invited Lectures & Keynotes
- Invited Speaker, Rosetta: Why are we chasing a comet?, Imperial SpaceLab Conference 2014, London, UK, September 25, 2014.
- Lecturer, 2014 STFC Introductory Solar System Plasmas Summer School, London, UK, September 14-19, 2014.
- Lecturer, 2013 Heliophysics Summer School “Heliophysics of the Planetary System”, Boulder, USA, July 12-19, 2013.
- Lecturer, Astrobiology Summer School “Molecules in Space”, Onsala Space Observatory, Sweden, June 25-July 2, 2013.- Academic Coordinator, Physics Exchange Programme [2011-2014]
Key Teaching/Administrative Activity:
- Lecturer, Vector Calculus (Year 1) [2014-present]
- Lecturer, Atmospheric Physics (Year 4) [2009-2013]
Instrument Involvement in Space Missions:
- Associate Scientist, Rosetta Orbiter Spectrometer for Ion and Neutral Analysis (Rosina), ESA/Rosetta
- Supporting Investigator, ESA/Venus Express.
Selection: Community experience
- President, Scientific Committee, Laboratoire d’Excellence (LabEx) “Plas@Par”, Paris, France, 2014 to present.
- Member, Scientific Programme Committee, 6th Alfvén conference: Plasma interaction with Solar System objects: Anticipating Rosetta, Maven, and Mars Orbiter Mission, London, UK, 7-11 July 2014.
- Member, Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) of EU/FP7 Europlanet (EPN) Research Infrastructure (RI), 2010-2012.
Selection: Outreach Activities
- Leader, Exhibit on “Sniffing the building blocks of the Solar System with Rosetta”, Imperial Fringe, Imperial College London, London, UK, December 2014.
- Participant, "Catch A Comet", Royal Society Summer Exhibit, London, UK, July 2014.
- Lead, Exhibit on “Dirty snowball or the origin of life?”, Imperial Fringe: Fluid thinking, Imperial College London, London, UK, December 2013.
- Co-I, Royal Society Summer Exhibit on "Ice Worlds", London, UK, July 2013.
At the 2013 Royal Society Summer Exhibit "Ice Worlds"
At the Fluid Thinking, Imperial Fringe, Dec 2013.
For further information or comments on this website, please write me at: m.galand at imperial.ac.uk